Self-esteem, self-worth, and confidence are issues many individuals struggle with at some point in their lives. Having a low view of yourself can be detrimental to many areas of your life. People who have little to no confidence in their lives are more likely to sabotage themselves when something good happens to them because they don't feel deserving. And in a world where social media is lowering, not raising our self-esteem and confidence in ourselves, it's more important now than ever to gain your confidence and never lose it. Here are 10 tips to help you gain the best accessory a girl could ever have. CONFIDENCE.
1. Release The Guilt. Guilt is toxic! Quit beating yourself up over your past mistakes, reliving the mistake over and over again. We're often told that we must forgive others if they've hurt you, but forgiving yourself is as important. So love yourself and forgive yourself. No amount of guilt can solve the past and no amount of anxiety can change your future, so find the beauty in letting go.
2. Admit Your Flaws And Then APPLAUD them. As I've gotten older, I've finally come to accept the belief that NO ONE is perfect. We all have flaws, and that is perfectly fine. Our flaws makes us the unique individuals we are. Know where your strengths are, and where they're not. Trying to be perfect at everything is inefficient.
3. Make The World Your Runway. There's a quote that I love and I apply it to my everyday life, " Fashion is art and you are the canvas. " So throw on one of your favorite outfits that you feel your best in and strut. A cute outfit is one of the quickest ways to boost your confidence. When you know you look your best, you feel more secure, presentable, and in control of your life.
4. Write A To-Do List. Write a daily or weekly list of things that you want to get done. Crossing things off your list as you complete them makes you feel an amazing sense of accomplishment, no matter how small or big the task was. This helps to keep you motivated and productive.
5. Be Mindful Of What You Put Into Your Body. It sounds cliche, but you are what you eat. When you eat like crap, you feel like crap and when you eat better you feel better. You don't have to eat LESS to get on the path to better eating habits. Choose your foods wisely. Cut back on carbonated foods, refined sugars, artificial and processed foods. Increase your water in take, fruits, vegetables and proteins.
6. Fix Your Circle. It's vital to protect your space and your circle. Are you surrounded by people who love you and inspire you to be the best you that you can be or are you surrounded by negative people who throw rocks at your confidence any chance they can get? Make it a priority to start investing in people who you know will feed you just as much goodness as you do them. It's not about the quantity of people you have in your life, its about the quality. Being around people that reflect the person you want to be and how you want to feel will work wonders for your self-esteem and confidence.
7. Be A Kind Person. Not tearing down others to make themselves feel better is the sign of a truly confident person. As I like to say, it costs $0.00 to be a kind person, and when you take the time to help improve someone else's life in some kind of way, you feel valued and it gives you a sense of purpose in life.
8. Watch Your Internal Dialogue. What we think, we become right? So start replacing each negative thought you have with a positive thought. Give yourself mini pep talks through out the day to remind yourself of how awesome you are!
9. Believe In Yourself. If you can't believe in yourself, how can anyone else believe in you? So even when you don't feel like believing in yourself, you should no matter what. Believe you can do it, believe you deserve it and believe that whatever it is that you want, you'll get it.
10. Change Your Body Language. Your body language plays a huge factor in how you view yourself and how others view you. So smile! Make eye contact with everyone you meet, don't slouch, stand tall and proud.
Remember, low- confidence is not a life sentence. You have the power to change yourself at any given time for the better. Starting with these ten steps will propel you in your journey of achieving higher confidence in yourself.
Fanchon De Luca is a Self Esteem Coach 💅🏿Glow Getter 💫Confidence Warrior inspiring women to conquer fear and self doubt in order to be their authentic selves.